Friday, December 24, 2021


 Well it's Christmas Eve and we are all ready and waiting. It was great to finally be out of isolation on Monday and get out for a walk and some fresh air. There has been a lot of baking this week by K. She has taken over from my Mum as the sausage roll maker and has made batches of meat ones and Delia's veggie ones. The last few years she has also made mini Christmas cakes for my Dad, Brother-in-Law and Mother-in-Law so those were done at the beginning of the week. I made the Christmas cake but Husband did the marzipan and icing and S did the decorations. S also organised the gingerbread house which wasn't a great success this year - literally minutes after taking the photo the roof caved in and the chimney and santa fell off! It had to have some emergency repairs which so far are still holding up.






In the end we decided to play safe and cancelled out plans to go up to Wiltshire for the night yesterday. We are a big family and Husband is part of a big family so 16 of us were going to go for a meal last night and 12 for lunch today. My Dad and Husbands Mum were worried about the number of different people mixing with omicron about and felt it better to ostpone till the new year so on Tuesday Husband with K and S went up for the day and delivered our presents to everyone. My Sister and Brother-in-Law will spend the day with my Dad tomorrow and I will phone him in the morning for a chat.

Well we are hoping to get out for a nice walk this afternoon although it's currently raining which is a pain so all that remains is for me to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas x

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're finally out of isolation. Merry Christmas wishes to you and all the family. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're out of isolation and hopefully had a fabulous few days with the family! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are out of isolation and hope that you had a wonderful Christmas with your family.
    Have a peaceful and healthy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a lovely Christmas, thankyou. Happy New Year to you too x

      Delete

 My Mondays to Fridays tend to be very samey hence why I've been quiet the last couple of weeks. It's a very dull routine of getting...